UBox 3 Flashing BlueScreen at boot up

Hey guys,

My Ubox 3 has been playing about recently.

It all started when I was cancelling out of an app on the Ubox and it hun, I forced rebooted it, ever since then After the UBOX logo is done I get my entire screen Flashing Blue ( Windows Desktop Blue).

It looks like the box and OS is working fine as I can reboot it via the remote by hitting power and selecting OK, this displays fine and the warning notices at the bottom middle of the screen appear fine.

I have a sneaky suspicion it is to do with the 4K res I have set it to, for some reason.

So I wanted to Hard reset it using the Reset button, But several varied attempts have failed.

Any Ideas how to get my UBOX working again, I'm Ok with getting it back to stock, I just want it working again.

D

Comments

• Hey guys,

My Ubox 3 has been playing about recently.

It all started when I was cancelling out of an app on the Ubox and it hun, I forced rebooted it, ever since then After the UBOX logo is done I get my entire screen Flashing Blue ( Windows Desktop Blue).

It looks like the box and OS is working fine as I can reboot it via the remote by hitting power and selecting OK, this displays fine and the warning notices at the bottom middle of the screen appear fine.

I have a sneaky suspicion it is to do with the 4K res I have set it to, for some reason.

So I wanted to Hard reset it using the Reset button, But several varied attempts have failed.

Any Ideas how to get my UBOX working again, I'm Ok with getting it back to stock, I just want it working again.

D
    Use a AV cable then set it back to 720p or 1080p then connected back to HDMI.
  • Thanks 535four,

I failed to mention that I tried that as well. Either my AV cable is busted or I have an incorrect cable.
  • Unplug it for 10 minutes and plug it back or try another TV.
  • I have left it unplugged for 1 day and plugged it into several different TV's, Even a TV that can also do 4K.

I will have to get a 4 Pole 3.5 mm to 4 Pole 3.5 mm cable to test the AV from the Ubox to my 4K TV.

I don't think the AV cable came with the Ubox.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    You try connecting to a computer monitor ?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited April 2018
    I have left it unplugged for 1 day and plugged it into several different TV's, Even a TV that can also do 4K.

I will have to get a 4 Pole 3.5 mm to 4 Pole 3.5 mm cable to test the AV from the Ubox to my 4K TV.

I don't think the AV cable came with the Ubox.
    No, it does not come with av cable, it ain't cheap tho..If you have a old tvpad3, it came with one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shipping-Adapter-Adaptor-for-Unblock-Tech-UBOX-All-Gen-EU-UK-US-AU-Plug/192507883238?hash=item2cd25d2ee6:m:mHo1Ci3erWlM6NvLSF-gbAA
    Post edited by 535four on
  • I got myself a 4 Pole 3.5mm to 4 Pole 3.5 mm cable from my local electronics store.

AV shows nothing on my TV, at all.

I have not connected to a PC monitor yet, however, I have tried 3 different TV's 2 of them are 4K, the other 1080p.

The issue is I don't think the monitor is the issue. as it can display all the warning and error display warnings up. I can even activate the mouse on the remote controller, see the cursor and the warning pops up, "Mouse detected" or whatever it says.
  • Do this, unplug power, use a paper clip or pin pushed into the reset hole at the back of the box and hold, you have to fell the click when pushing in, now plug the power, don't let the pin loose until you see it booting up, let go when it's booting up with a Android installing logo, it will takes awhile to finished, if it still not work then reload the firmware, check on this forum (UBOX) to find out how to. As usual, do it on your own risk.