UBox basic questions

I have a few newbie questions, hope you can help me out.

1) I see there are many generic Android based boxes for sale, e.g. LeelBox Q2 with good HW spec at 1/2 or 1/3 the price of the Ubox.
Is UBox simply one of these generic android boxes but the company pre-packaged a bunch of good quality Kodi addons from public sources, customized the user interface, and became the UBox?

2) If #1 is true, does it mean if I can find the same Kodi addons, I can watch the exact same contents as in Ubox tv menu?

3) I am new to the Kodi thing, I tried Windows version of Kodi and attempted to find some Kodi Addons.
Like "Halow Live TV", "USTVNow Plus", "cCloud TV" etc. I can find a lot of channels, but half of them links broken. Then many of them have quality issues, at most 720p. I have yet to find a Live Sports TV that works. From some youtube review videos of UBox gen 3, the content quality looks quite good. What are the magic behind UBox? I dont think it is the HW, I think more like how they manage the contents, if they are not simply public Kodi addons anyone can find/use.

4) Is the UBox good for Live News, Sports(world soccers/NBA/NFL), pre-recorded Sports/movies and cantonese/mandarin/korean movies/drama?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    No, it's custom apps. Nothing to do with kodi

I personally stay away from kodi, since addons always break for no reason.

If you want english news, then no. Sports maybe. VOD is not stable from I've heard from here.
    Thanked by 1kirinikiki
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    No, it's custom apps. Nothing to do with kodi

I personally stay away from kodi, since addons always break for no reason.

If you want english news, then no. Sports maybe. VOD is not stable from I've heard from here.
  • From what I read from you, Unlock tech maintains all contents in their servers?

Is there different version of UBox 4 or 3 if using it in N. Am?

Thanks.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    UBox 4 support view from mobile device. You can watch their VOD anywhere.
    From what I read from you, Unlock tech maintains all contents in their servers?

Is there different version of UBox 4 or 3 if using it in N. Am?

Thanks.