TVPad 4 with TVChina app reset itself after few months of use

Hi all, has anyone encountered this issue which TVpad 4 would reset itself with no warnings or errors? It basically reset back to factory itself for me last night.

I've been using TVChina app one it since July so I don't understand why it would just reset.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? any idea why it would do so? Is it because of limited space?

Comments

• I'm using FW 5.066
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    I think this firmware has a bug. The best solution is back up the TVPad with TWRP. In case it reset, just reload the image.
  • Thanks tomato123, could you please link us a guide on backing up with TWRP? I'm very frustrated to reinstall everything including Kodi. I got no idea how to do it on TVpad 4

I thought the new firmware fixed this but even 5.066 didn't fix it
    Download the the downgrade package. There is a file call recovery.img inside the zip.

https://mega.nz/#!WVch2KQD!nWQ63RIhDJKTngmP67_Mv7yuvcadKeb1o1U7QoRG_JA

1)Extract recovery.img file and put the file to the root of the SDcard.

2)UnPlug the TVPad and power back on and keep pressing the menu button on your remote. If everything ok, you should now on TWRP menu where you can choose backup or restore.

3) choose backup and select all. When you finished, just click reboot.

Now, next time you have problem, just choose restore and select the file you backup.
    Thanks tomato123, could you please link us a guide on backing up with TWRP? I'm very frustrated to reinstall everything including Kodi. I got no idea how to do it on TVpad 4

Thanked by 1neonlight
  • Download the the downgrade package. There is a file call recovery.img inside the zip.

2)UnPlug the TVPad and power back on and keep pressing the menu button on your remote. If everything ok, you should now on TWRP menu where you can choose backup or restore.

Now, next time you have problem, just choose restore and select the file you backup.
    Thanks tomato123, could you please link us a guide on backing up with TWRP? I'm very frustrated to reinstall everything including Kodi. I got no idea how to do it on TVpad 4

Excellent Tomato123! Thanks a lot. So all I need to do is use this recovery.img to bootup and I will get the TWRP menu. So even if I run 5.066 it doesn't matter as it will run disregard what firmware I'm running.

Obviously I will install configure all my apps, and the image that I create has to be SDCard or can it be on USB storage?
    image can be in usb. but the recovery.img must be in sdcard.
    Download the the downgrade package. There is a file call recovery.img inside the zip.

Excellent Tomato123! Thanks a lot. So all I need to do is use this recovery.img to bootup and I will get the TWRP menu. So even if I run 5.066 it doesn't matter as it will run disregard what firmware I'm running.

Obviously I will install configure all my apps, and the image that I create has to be SDCard or can it be on USB storage?
    Thanked by 1neonlight
  • @neonlight just wondering has your TVPad been reset after the downgrade to 5.054 from 5.066?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    @neonlight just wondering has your TVPad been reset after the downgrade to 5.054 from 5.066?
    TVPad been reset is a bug in hardware no matter you are in 5.054 or 5.066 .
  • Yes it has reset of 5.066

I think the only way is to backup using TWRP and restore the image when it happens