experience with funtv bluetooth version?

Anyone have experience with funtv bluetooth version? Here's my experience:

Ordered funtv on ebay and seller said they ran out so funtv bluetooth version was shipped. Got the box, and it worked for up to 2 hours. After that, it completely stopped working. Unplugged power adapter from box and plugged it back in ... would get funtv startup screen (it starts to make "screech" noise after a few minutes) and that's it. Did the unplug power adapter thing multiple times ... some times would get blank screen. Nowhere on the box for device reset.

Would like to thank padman and other users for providing such useful information.

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Try using another power adapter, it works with tvpad 4's
  • Try using another power adapter, it works with tvpad 4's
    I tried it with tvpad 4 power adapter ... same results (frozen startup screen or blank screen). One thing about the funtv bluetooth version is how close the hdmi and power ports are. When you plug one of the cables into the box, you will have to plug the other cable with a bit of force. And that's not good because chances are that one or both of the cables will get bent in the long run.

I'm going to return it and see if I can get a funtv like the one you reviewed, padman. For those 2 hours of use, it was a good box.

Plus, I was debating between the htv5 and the funtv, but price won the debate.
    Thanks to you, padman, and other users, this site has been a great resource.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    sounds like firmware corrupted. it common on android boxes.
    Thanked by 1buddn
  • sounds like firmware corrupted. it common on android boxes.
    Good to know. Generally speaking, is there a way to resolve the corrupted firmware for android boxes?

In general, I would recommend against the funtv bluetooth version because of how close both hdmi and power ports are.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Generally, contact your reseller. They should have firmware file that you can do a reload on it.
    sounds like firmware corrupted. it common on android boxes.
    Good to know. Generally speaking, is there a way to resolve the corrupted firmware for android boxes?

In general, I would recommend against the funtv bluetooth version because of how close both hdmi and power ports are.