Cheapest Android Box to get for TVChina

Hi, thinking to get a box for my sister.
Then going to load TVChina for her.
Anyone can recommend cheapest android box for it that will allow TVChina apk

Comments

• It used to be Beelink X2 but it's 4.4.2, now you can get 6.0 Nexbox A95x for $35.
  • Thanks man!! TVChina with NexboxA95x. Will try that out
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    Tvchina $60 a year, A95x $35, $95 to setup and hoping the tvpad not taking your money and run, ubox new 900 is $99 in Ebay and 535four can always there gave you the helping hand if any problems, wonder which one is better value?
  • Tvchina $60 a year, A95x $35, $95 to setup and hoping the tvpad not taking your money and run, ubox new 900 is $99 in Ebay and 535four can always there gave you the helping hand if any problems, wonder which one is better value?
    Haha...I try my best if I can.
  • edited July 2017
    Tvchina $60 a year, A95x $35, $95 to setup and hoping the tvpad not taking your money and run, ubox new 900 is $99 in Ebay and 535four can always there gave you the helping hand if any problems, wonder which one is better value?
    no brainer. of course the ubox. $99 on ebay. wait for the ebay $15 off $75 coupon or the weekly ebay bucks 10% back. then find the ubox ebay seller that has "best offer" and offer $95 for the ubox 8gb version or $120 for the ubox pro bluetooth version. it will accept instantly. i got 6 ubox probt. i am waiting for the next coupon and buy 2 more.
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    Haha...I try my best if I can.
    Hey, man(仁兄) you and tylerlee are very knowledgeable on these ubox, if they know how to download the Tvchina app and know how to pay them, they can operate the ubox. you see how many now rush to give the tvpad money, well, if you willingly to pay $5 a month that fast, you will pay $7, or you will pay $10 a month (happening now)and TVB will give them a lawyer paper and new option all over again. I will sign up if they are the only game in town, but it is not, I only need the 5 or 7 days replay, all other nice to have but 可有可無 I am waiting when the TVB super available in the US, maybe they are waiting when their contracts end with the dish. In the mean time, this forum is very helpful, should thank Mr. Padman to set this up
  • Hey thats good info too.
    Ubox however also have the risk of it losing service, does it not? Although it has good track record but just like investment, past result does not guarantee future performance?!?!
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member

Very true, all these box are illegal, it can stopped anytime when the court land the hammer on them but at this moment if I have to pick a company that most likely to take the money and run, to let you hang and dry, sorry I have to pick tvpad
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    fwiw, I've tried TVChina apk on a first generation (not 'cloud shape' 2nd gen case) Small 7 Tech v3 (小七盒子 3代) box.

After overcoming the usual ID and password registration issue, the app updated to v5.0.7.

I have come across some compatibility issues:
    1. the on screen keyboard does not work properly. The top row of alphabet on keyboard display as numbers on the screen. eg. enter QWERTY and you get 12345. I had to skip the step where it asks you for an email address during registration.

2. There is a slight lip sync issue. The audio appears to be lagging picture by a fraction of a second.

3. The 3 day playback and On Demand content seems to work at first, but the lip sync issue becomes greater the longer you view a programme. After about 10-15 minutes viewing, you can rewind a few seconds to resync the picture and audio.

4. There is also some sort of frame skipping/stuttering - it may be related to the lip sync.

The Small 7 tech v3 box (1st gen) has a 1.2GHz dual core Allwinner A23 SoC running android 4.4.2.

At the moment, the TVchina apk is not fully compatible with this particular box.

Has anyone tested TVchina apk on any other box other than TVpad 4 ?

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited July 2017
    I installed TVchina 5.0.2 onto Unblocktech S800 gen 2 (ie. ubox 2. I think it is quad core Allwinner H3 SoC, android 4.4.2). It prompted me to upgrade to 5.0.7 as soon as I successfully entered 7 day trial login ID and password created from small7 v3 (小七盒子 3代) box.

Early testing reveals It works much better than on old shape Small7 v3 box.

There is a constant 0.2 second audio lag on live TV and 3 day playback.

Fortunately, the audio lag does not increase when using 3 day playback or OnDemand dramas function unlike on small7 box.

The on-screen keyboard appears to be compatible too. ie. if I type QWERTY, I see QWERTY on screen in the box where you can optionally enter email address.

Post edited by bamby8 on
    Thanked by 1grimmie