How can I install Kodi on TVPad4?

2»

Comments

• shemayshemay Junior Member
    Hi guys,
    I heard awesome reviews on Kodi, but when I tried to install it on TVPad4, it didn't work. Not sure what's the problem there. Did I download the wrong version?
    Please help, thank you. :)
    What version you've tried? I installed v. 15.2 , it works fine, I'm not sure 16.1 is compatible or not but you can try.
    :) I don't remember the version, but I believe it's the lastest one when I downloaded from the official website. I used a USB drive to install it on TVPad 4 (with batchinstall.banana file), but it gave me the "fail" message. I'll try again to see if it works.

Thank you very much for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it! =) <3
  • Thanks for all the help and info here. I'm able to install shafa market and 电视猫 to continue with Chinese TVs.
    I also try to install Kodi 16.1 and was successful until I tried to follow the YouTube link posted above to configure TVB drama. Kodi stuck at selection of "file" and won't respond, won't exit either. I have to shut down power on TVPAD and reboot to bring back main screen. Anyone has similar situation? Please help to shed some lights, thank you.
  • You should use 15.2 instead.
  • Thanks for all the help and info here. I'm able to install shafa market and 电视猫 to continue with Chinese TVs.
    I also try to install Kodi 16.1 and was successful until I tried to follow the YouTube link posted above to configure TVB drama. Kodi stuck at selection of "file" and won't respond, won't exit either. I have to shut down power on TVPAD and reboot to bring back main screen. Anyone has similar situation? Please help to shed some lights, thank you.
    forget installing kodi on tvpad4. the box only has 4gb rom and about 2gb of space available. it's outdated and slow.
    forget installing kodi on tvpad4. the box only has 4gb rom and about 2gb of space available. it's outdated and slow.
    Agreed. I tried with Kodi once, the worst part is that I had to manually clear the cached files from time to time. Otherwise, the disk space would get filled up really fast, causing rendering issue for all installed apps.
  • I see. Thanks for the feedback, I will drop Kodi then.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    You can use apks instead of Kodi. But you will need mouse to click the VOD.

I see. Thanks for the feedback, I will drop Kodi then.