TVPad 4 - Ethernet Cable Error

Hi,

I live in the GTA and My TVPad 4 has been experiencing problems connecting to my ethernet cable. I've always used an ethernet cable and it worked fine until this week when my box couldn't recognize that the cable had been plugged in. The network settings cannot auto retrieve the information (IP, DNS, etc.) from the cable. I've tried switching out my current cable with a new one and plugged it into another jack, but the problem still persists. WiFi works fine, but I would prefer using an ethernet cable for faster connection.

If anyone could help me solve this problem, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi,

I live in the GTA and My TVPad 4 has been experiencing problems connecting to my ethernet cable. I've always used an ethernet cable and it worked fine until this week when my box couldn't recognize that the cable had been plugged in. The network settings cannot auto retrieve the information (IP, DNS, etc.) from the cable. I've tried switching out my current cable with a new one and plugged it into another jack, but the problem still persists. WiFi works fine, but I would prefer using an ethernet cable for faster connection.

If anyone could help me solve this problem, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    It seems your had something F*** up .Please try reflash your tvpad to see what happen.....
  • edited June 2017

It seems your had something F*** up .Please try reflash your tvpad to see what happen.....
    By reflashing, do you mean resetting to factory settings?

By reflashing, do you mean resetting to factory settings?
    Yes

• Yes
    Tried it, not working.
  • pull the power plug and plug back in after a minute works for me before
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Have you tried another cable?
  • edited June 2017
    Have you tried another cable?
    I have and it doesn't recognize that the cable has been plugged in. The box cannot auto generate data from the cable. It keeps saying network error: -1.

Ok after you reset to factory settings suppose the pad will recognize that the cable has been plugged in. Otherwise the pad will guide you to wireless setup what result you have?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Chances are your port is pooched.

Time to use wifi
  • Ok after you reset to factory settings suppose the pad will recognize that the cable has been plugged in. Otherwise the pad will guide you to wireless setup what result you have?
    After the factory reset, the box goes to retrieve the cable information, but says 獲取失敗. Network settings then says 未連接 and when I test the network it does not recognize the IP, Gateway, DNS or my Rogers modem/router even though the cable is working and plugged in.
  • Chances are your port is pooched.

Time to use wifi
    LOL, I figured that would be the case.
    Ok after you reset to factory settings suppose the pad will recognize that the cable has been plugged in. Otherwise the pad will guide you to wireless setup what result you have?
    After the factory reset, the box goes to retrieve the cable information, but says 獲取失敗. Network settings then says 未連接 and when I test the network it does not recognize the IP, Gateway, DNS or my Rogers modem/router even though the cable is working and plugged in.
    Try to use this cable connect to a laptop .It seems you got a problem from your router to your pad ( If you can use WiFi to connect to internet)