Sever error -1 in 5.060 version

Hi all, I am seeking your help. I've got Tvpad with version 5.060. The TVpad keeps encountering sever error even though I manually inputed DNS based on the best HK list. I live in Toronto, and would like to know what DNS can be used. Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi all, I am seeking your help. I've got Tvpad with version 5.060. The TVpad keeps encountering sever error even though I manually inputed DNS based on the best HK list. I live in Toronto, and would like to know what DNS can be used. Thanks for your help in advance.
    You will find out a good DNS from here http://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
  • Thanks for your quick response. I manually tried to setup the DNS in the given link (www.bestdns.org...) one by one; but I still got error. I wonder if there is any new DNS list.????
  • Use 158.132.187.187 DNS
  • Used that DNS , it passed three stages: IP, Gateway and DNS; but Sever stage got "error code:-1". Wonder if I need manually upgrade the version to 5.66?
  • edited June 2017
    Used that DNS , it passed three stages: IP, Gateway and DNS; but Sever stage got "error code:-1". Wonder if I need manually upgrade the version to 5.66?
    it doesn't have to past all stages! after u manually change the dns, press confirm and it will say ok after a few seconds. then pull the power plug and plug it back in after 30 seconds. the apps should work. if u still don't know how to manually change the dns, use a little time to search the tvpad thread on how to do it. it's there.
  • Thanks Tylerlee, I did manually changed the DNS, unplugged the power cod and plugged in after 30 seconds. I did not work. It seemed not connecting to sever. Cannot find any apps on the home page. ????
    Thanks Tylerlee, I did manually changed the DNS, unplugged the power cod and plugged in after 30 seconds. I did not work. It seemed not connecting to sever. Cannot find any apps on the home page. ????
    What that mean you talk about "Cannot find any apps on the home page" are you mean in Tvpad store?
  • tvpad, bluetv they are all down!! live stream still works, vod does not.
  • Yes, Tvpad store. It is empty, cannot search any apps at all.
    Yes, Tvpad store. It is empty, cannot search any apps at all.
    forget the Tvpad store now .If you look for Tvpad apps please look in here https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/233/tvpad-4-m418-useful-files-firmware-apps#latest
  • tvpad, bluetv they are all down!! live stream still works, vod does not.
    This is the exact symptoms I'm seeing on Tvpad 4, live channels only VOD is slow or not playable with errors
  • Thank you all , specially Cheuk5. I finally got my Tvpad working.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Both TVPad 4 and BlueTV fully working.

Going to close this thread, continue the discussion here

https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1305/tvpad-yuetv-bluetv-outage-update-jun-16-2017#latest
This discussion has been closed.