Root TVPad3 Without USB

Hi all,

First of all, I am new to this forum and to the TVPad.

I got a TVPad3 from a friend that gave it to me to see if I could get it back to work. I found that the problem seems to be that TVPad "killed" models 1,2, and 3 after a lawsuit. My friend has decided to get a different IPTV device and for the moment I have kept the TVPad3 to play and experiment.

I found about the Phanto 2.1 app and installed it. I have it working, but I do need to make my own channels list, since almost none of the default channels are working. But that is another story, different questions, and post.

Right now I am working with rooting the TVPad3. I made the sh script method in a USB and it works (described in this post: https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/475/how-to-root-tvpad2-3). But if I take away the USB, then the root does not work. I get login (telnet is working), but the password set by the sh script does not work. I guess the /etc/passwd file is in some kind of write protect mode.

Is there any way of making this root method work after I unplug the USB? Maybe copying the gvos2-sdl file to the SD Card? Any other way?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

fadiaz

Comments

• As a followup from this, I copied the sh file (with name gvos2-sd1) to the root of the SD Card. Booted the device, but the root did not worked. So far that means that the sh script with the name gvos2-sdl only works with the USB. Maybe the gvos2-sd3 (name also suggested for the USB root trick) will work...??? I will try that later.

As usual, any info, hints and/or help will be greatly appreciated.

fadiaz