Rare thing happen to my friend's TVpad 4

fatcatfatcat Junior Member
I have 2 TVpads and my friend has 2 too. We are in US SF Bay area. Both running 5.054 and YUE 0.44. My 2s working OK. But my friend's has a rare thing happen. On the YUE home page. The variety show icon doesn't show up. The live and all other VOD, movie show up but doesn't work. The variety show icon shown 1 time this week and everything working. But it works only 1 day and it happen the same the next day. I switch my 2 unit with him to try. His units work ok in my house. My 2 units happen the same thing in his house. So we rule out it's not the TVpad problem. We use the computer to test his internet. It shown 65Mb down and 13mb up. He has the Comcast 75 mb package. Anybody has run across this problem? Thank you!

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    edited May 2017
    Is it Youtube apps running normal in your friend 's house (Tvpad)?
  • 535four535four Member
    Check your box's internet connection.
  • fatcatfatcat Junior Member
    He doesn't have youtube install at his TVpad. But youtube on his phone thru wifi is working ok. We already check the connection. The upper right corner shown it's internet connected. But once it works, it will work all day. Then it doesn't work the next day. Both unit happen the same way. The only different is if it show the variety show icon and it works great. But once the variety show icon not show up. It doesn't work.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Please try to use wired don't use wifi to see any different .
  • edited May 2017
    I have 2 TVpads and my friend has 2 too. We are in US SF Bay area. Both running 5.054 and YUE 0.44. My 2s working OK. But my friend's has a rare thing happen. On the YUE home page. The variety show icon doesn't show up. The live and all other VOD, movie show up but doesn't work. The variety show icon shown 1 time this week and everything working. But it works only 1 day and it happen the same the next day. I switch my 2 unit with him to try. His units work ok in my house. My 2 units happen the same thing in his house. So we rule out it's not the TVpad problem. We use the computer to test his internet. It shown 65Mb down and 13mb up. He has the Comcast 75 mb package. Anybody has run across this problem? Thank you!
    if u are on wifi, comcast router blocks the tvpad on and off. using the ethernet cable will solve this problem. it happened to me about 2 years ago.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    U should try disable the Comcast router firewall and see if it work.
  • fatcatfatcat Junior Member
    He doesn't use Comcast router. Also he use Ethernet connection. Still doesn't work 99% of the time. Only works for an hour in whole week. Comcast tech support can't help.