Boot Loop

Comments

• there is a usb way ? Can phenoixcard write to usb?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited June 2017
    Question, just curious, did you guys really finished burned the img 100 %? Magic Completed " Burn End.." (NOT burn success) the rate blue bar cross all the way.
    like this http://postimg.org/image/6rtwa1s85/
  • BishopPrinceBishopPrince Junior Member
    Question, just curious, did you guys really finished burned the img 100 %? Magic Completed " Burn End.." (NOT burn success) the rate blue bar cross all the way.
    like this http://postimg.org/image/6rtwa1s85/

Thanks

First I tried the S800 image

That burned to completion

Then I tried the S900PROBT image..... manage to get it to work once!
    But then it refused to burn at all!!!! :s

I have just been sent another image by the vendor

https://mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnExs_download?t=exs_ftn_download&k=7f6539624301c1d07f6f6be9406353190f010a00025757001a030853504e5554560114035252051b07530b52510254570e00010166706105839ff9d4b7a3d1d0fcc7a021d69f4f4c5e15395f&code=7e9bfca6

- The phoenix program does not run at all
    - Using your phoenix program (English) and pressing the "burn" button gives an error but then seems to complete the burn...
    - However inserting the card and plugging in the power again NOTHING! :s

I am calling it a day and trying to get a refund or a replacement.

I would advise avoiding the vendor

https://unblocktech.aliexpress.com/store/2172100
  • It seems you did the right directions and it should work, I have had tried the img file downloaded from your vendor and it successfully burned on the first tried with no error, you should try to re-burn it again if you can, otherwise return it for exchange. I have a Ubox 2 and 3, I really like these boxes than the others. Good luck!
    1. What Phoenix app did you use?
    2. The Image does burn but with a warning
    3. Inserting the SD card and then applying the power.... NOTHING happens - no boot screen no signal to TV

I agree UBOX are very good. In fact with my new ISP and Fibre broadband we are able to watch more programs more reliably.

It is just a shame that buying one is such a lottery!
  • 1. English version downloaded from the same site that I posted.
    2. what type of warning? I didn't get any warning message.
    3. it could be 2 reasons, 1. wrong image for your box. 2. the image you've burned is corrupted.

If they can take it back for refund that's great but you'll have to pay for the postage, it's not cheap to send it back to China but it's better than keeping a useless brick.

Unblocktech has been doing a good job for their units, it has been running fairy smoothly for the last 6 months, the only drawback was their Playback is not as good as TVpad4, but I hardly using it so who cares.

The Fiber Internet speed is excellent, it's up to 1 GB of download speed, they have a promotion at my area for $40 a month including a phone line.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Ok check it here to show you how to use USB write back the firmware img to the machine.
  • I don't think it's gonna suitable for UBOX even it's a Lollipop firmware, there'll becoming a regular Android box, it's better return to the vendor.
  • Wish @killer23d the expert would comment or suggest something.
    I don't think it's gonna suitable for UBOX even it's a Lollipop firmware, there'll becoming a regular Android box, it's better return to the vendor.
    No that only show you how to use USB to write your box's own firmware img file back to to your box beside PhoenixCard to use Micro SD card
  • Ok check it here to show you how to use USB write back the firmware img to the machine.
    No, Ublock can not use this tool, because Unblock is Allwinner chip, they have different versions, S800 and S900 should be Allwinner H3, S900 pro is Allwinner H5 running Android 5.0, your video tool is for Amlogic, Allwinner chip should use phoenixUSBpro and phoenixSuit Both can be run on a computer.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited June 2017
    Good to know, thanks benxiong and cheuk5. Learning something everyday.
    So @benxiong, what was wrong with BishopPrince's procedures while he's trying to restor his Ubox? Any idea?
    Ok check it here to show you how to use USB write back the firmware img to the machine.
    No, Ublock can not use this tool, because Unblock is Allwinner chip, they have different versions, S800 and S900 should be Allwinner H3, S900 pro is Allwinner H5 running Android 5.0, your video tool is for Amlogic, Allwinner chip should use phoenixUSBpro and phoenixSuit Both can be run on a computer.
    Oh! Thanks to Ben to let me know that. I will keep learning from you............
  • Good to know, thanks benxiong and cheuk5. Learning something everyday.
    So @benxiong, what was wrong with BishopPrince's procedures while he's trying to restor his Ubox? Any idea?
    First of all to be sure what version?
  • I think he's download an wrong imgage that's why it didn't boot up.
  • I agree with you 5354
  • the boot loop happened to my s900 probt today. i tried a few ways with no luck, finally i stick a toothpick in the reset hole and start plugging all the cables in with the power cord last. after 3 seconds i took the toothpick out. there was no light on, so i press the power button on the remote for 3 seconds and it turn on. it took a few minutes to boot up. now everything is ok again.
    Good to know, thanks benxiong and cheuk5. Learning something everyday.
    First of all to be sure what version?
    Thanks for all the interest!

1. My box is UBOX3 "S900PROBT"
    2. The files I tried were sent by the vendor to "fix my box!"... So if they do not work even with all your 2. help then it is their failure.
    3. I just tried Tylerlee's Reset.. Still nothing happens! The Box boot with power... does not boot with the reset depressed... Does not restart with the remote power button with or without the reset depressed.. tried many combinations thereof.

To summaries

1. The software to flash the recovery SD card from the vendor does NOT work at all across several OS versions and compatibility mode
    2. The ROM image from the vendor and elsewhere does NOT work even if it can be cajoled into burning on the SD card!

I have never spent so much time on a problem it put Microsoft to shame!
    p.s. If anyone can give me an image that will work I will be eternally grateful!
  • If failure means the firmware is wrong