Android system recovery screen

Hi all, we are in Canada. My parent TVPad 4 with FW5.066 worked fine for the last 18 months. Yesterday, the pad suddenly turned to android system recovery screen during watching. We tried to do the factory reset and then system reboot but the pad only returns to the recovery screen so many times. The pinhole method for system reboot had also been done but the pad still returned to recovery screen. Your help to recover the pad are much appreciated.

Comments

• In your case, you can follow the downgrade, see if you can make it work,if not, and then use other methods。
    Hi all, we are in Canada. My parent TVPad 4 with FW5.066 worked fine for the last 18 months. Yesterday, the pad suddenly turned to android system recovery screen during watching. We tried to do the factory reset and then system reboot but the pad only returns to the recovery screen so many times. The pinhole method for system reboot had also been done but the pad still returned to recovery screen. Your help to recover the pad are much appreciated.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Don't worry since Mr.benxiong offer TWRP program to let the dream come true .We got different ways to fix the pad now.Thanks to Mr.benxiong

• Don't worry since Mr.benxiong offer TWRP program to let the dream come true .We got different ways to fix the pad now.Thanks to Mr.benxiong

好嘢 =)
  • Thanks benxiong, I have tried to update by EXT at recovery screen:
    1) FW5.054
    Update TWRP>BACKUPS>S82b>1962-12-31---19-01-14 KOT49H 20150618
    test-keys and then the screen stay there
    2) FW5.060
    Update aborted and the screen display
    Can't install this package (Thu Oct 29 09:26:11 HKT 2015) over newer build
    (Thu Sep 29 09:37:29 CST 2016)
    3) FW5.066
    The files no longer available
    Thanks all for your help.
    Thanks benxiong, I have tried to update by EXT at recovery screen:
    1) FW5.054
    Update TWRP>BACKUPS>S82b>1962-12-31---19-01-14 KOT49H 20150618
    test-keys and then the screen stay there
    2) FW5.060
    Update aborted and the screen display
    Can't install this package (Thu Oct 29 09:26:11 HKT 2015) over newer build
    (Thu Sep 29 09:37:29 CST 2016)
    3) FW5.066
    The files no longer available
    Thanks all for your help.
    Tell us how did you do on No.1 then we can help you
  • I followed the instructions on the thread of Downgrading TVPad 4 to 5.054. Put all the downloaded files and also the fake m201-ota file to the sd card and then to the pad. Press OK at the update from EXT. It prompts for sd card or udisk. I choose sd card and press OK. Then it prompts TWRP and I press OK. Then it prompts BACKUPS and I press OK. Then it prompts S82b and I press OK. Then it prompts 1962.... and I press OK. It switches to ../ and I press OK. Then it switches back to ../ and I press OK. It turns back to 1962... That is the situation when I update to FW5.054.
  • Your case, you can not use any fake files, you must press the reset button, of course, sdcard to put "TWRP and recovery" file, and remember to use the mouse, or you can use the original upgrade package try, if not It works, then use the downgrade method.
    I followed the instructions on the thread of Downgrading TVPad 4 to 5.054. Put all the downloaded files and also the fake m201-ota file to the sd card and then to the pad. Press OK at the update from EXT. It prompts for sd card or udisk. I choose sd card and press OK. Then it prompts TWRP and I press OK. Then it prompts BACKUPS and I press OK. Then it prompts S82b and I press OK. Then it prompts 1962.... and I press OK. It switches to ../ and I press OK. Then it switches back to ../ and I press OK. It turns back to 1962... That is the situation when I update to FW5.054.
  • Sorry, I don't know how to use the mouse during reset the pad. And where to get the original upgrade package. Thanks!
  • Today I saw a video teaching how to fix it.
    Thanked by 1sing913
  • Thanks to all, my parent TVPad 4 have been fixed based on the above video.
    Today I saw a video teaching how to fix it.
    Hi benxiong 用這個方法可不可以由5.066降回5.060呢(相信不可以).所以我認為你提供的
    TWRP是最靈活的做法(因為可以上升或下降都得)
  • Today I saw a video teaching how to fix it.
    TWRP是最靈活的做法(因為可以上升或下降都得)
    总会有时有特别的,不能一概而论,行得通就是好方法。
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    interesting! they have firmware 5.066 to download.
    TWRP是最靈活的做法(因為可以上升或下降都得)
    总会有时有特别的,不能一概而论,行得通就是好方法。
  • 535four535four Member
    edited February 2017
    He's our member UKTVPAD and own a shop in UK if I'd remember correctly.