The conclusion of different firmware

13»

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Why don't you downgrade to 5.045? You don't even need VPN.
    https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/downgrading-tvpad-4-to-5-054/p1

Some VPN push dns also. So no matter what dns you input, it will override the one you put.
    I am sad to report that following the steps below did not work for me:

FW 5.066 AND ON VPN pointing to outside of US
    Set TVPAD 4 on Auto
    Copy Ip/Subnet and gateway
    Set TVPAD to Manual
    entered the same info above onto the 3 fields.
    changed DNS to 158.132.187.187
    Confirm
    Unplug
    reboot
    unplug and reboot again
    went to do a network test and it fails the server test.

Can you see anyting wrong with the above? I tried the above on WIFI as well.. still doesnt work

Thanks

• pappypappy Member
    edited February 2017
    dsang23, what VPN setup do you have? Do you have a second router that uses PPTP with your vpn info in it and connected to your primary router?
    If all else fails revert back to 5.054 . When I test the network on one of my tvpad on fw5.054 it gets server error -1 but the apps work. Have you tried clicking on the apps?
    Dualmax found using a mouse can bypass restrictions see his bypass restrictions thread. Still on fw5.066 ,Disconnect VPN for now and just go manual DNS and try using a mouse attached to the USB port and click on the apps.
    What apps do you have?
    Post edited by pappy on
  • I have a way to make your restricted tvpad 4 working again if you have user restricted message. All you need is a mouse, plug in the mouse and use it to click on the app, such as yuetv or others, once the app opens use you remote as normal.
  • dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    Thanks Pappy. Yes, I signed up for VPN unlimited a while back when there was ongoing litigation last year or two years ago. And yes its connected to a second router via PPTP.
    I did try to click on the apps, but not getting the VOD, only live stream works.

I do not get any restricted whatsoever on manual or auto (with VPN) or manual/auto (with WIFI).

I am able to click into app, just cant get VOD. ONly live stream.

Here are my apps.
    canto app VOD Version 2.052
    My BETV is not working, v3.8
    My YueTV is not working, v0.42
  • pappypappy Member
    edited February 2017
    Try rebooting your modem /primary router that may let you get connected. Getting connected to vod is confirmed when the right most box of the app display fills in, may be a minute or two . Have you try a European location of your vpn server like Sweden? Do you have to convert vpn host address to numbers for your vpn secondary router?
  • dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    I will try european vpn addy when i get home. i have a set of their servers and will try them.
    which app are you referring to regarding the fill in?

Thanks pappy!
  • apps like 港粵,BeTVplus , Yue TV the display box on the most right side
    Must fill in with a picture to indicate the app is connected to tvpad servers. I have purevpn and a $20 Dilink router for vpn . I simply use PPTP and input
    the IP address converted from Purevpn's location host name list using converter
    http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.htm et voila!
  • Finally I got the conclusion of different firmware.
    1.V.5.054 you have to change good dns in manual then everything working normal( live tv or Vod).
    2.V5.060.YueTv app are block it . No live tv and Vod.drama( change good dns in manual then your Pad will lockup the whole thing).
    3.V5.066 YueTv app will working for live but no Vod and drama( change good dns in manual then your Pad will lockup the whole thing).But open for Google account.
    Point one applies globally. Also to add, it is only US region have these issues on 2 and 3. Australia for example only has issue no. 1
  • so should i stay at 5.054 or update to 5.060/5.066 if im in the USA?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    so should i stay at 5.054 or update to 5.060/5.066 if im in the USA?
    Please forget Tvpad 4 ,it change to an orphan now
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
    lol.......
    then what should be its replacement
  • Use your tvpad4 and install napper app. Pay $35 a year. Is good so far.
  • do NOT recommend TV China cause the programs are not update constantly, sometime no program available sometimes nothing uploaded. also u can have the time difference like before meaning you watch morning programs while you are home at night (E Coast time).

Totally not recommend

Anyone has better apps to watch HK programs ??
  • woke up this morning to a problem with tvpad4. does anyone have same problem? looks like the google store not working on it.