VOD not working

I'm running 5.066 which was upgraded by the vendor in Toronto. I however don't live in Toronto btw. I've had the unit for 2 yrs now & whenever an upgrade is required, it is done by the vendor. The funny thing is that when the unit is plugged in at the vendor's store, I can see that all the apps are working fine but when I plug the unit back in at home, some apps are no longer working.

Just yesterday I took it in to the vendor to have it upgraded because the unit went down the day before. At the store I see that she upgraded it & everything was working again fine at the store. When I plugged it in at home, I got error code 1. Live tv was working but no VOD. My ISP is a small, local company that piggy backs off of Cogeco. Would this have any bearing on my problem & is there any solution to this? Bandwidth is not the problem as I'm able to download at 1 M/s & I use ethernet. Any help appreciated & a Happy New Year to all.

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    My VOD works running cogeco. But regardless that shouldn't matter as the geo-location is an issue for USA users.

What app are you using ? And the version ?
  • The app is the one that looks like a 5 pointed flower with 2 leaves of blue & green & one red. It has all the Cantonese TVB, Pearl etc programming. It is the latest version as installed by the dealer. Like I said, the unit after is was updated at the dealer ran perfectly but when I hooked it up when I got home vod wasn't working. Only live tv. Its the same for BET2.

I've tried unplugging/plugging my modem & router repeatedly but no luck. Moving to Toronto isn't an option :/ Any thoughts?
  • las88las88 Junior Member
    edited January 2017
    The app is the one that looks like a 5 pointed flower with 2 leaves of blue & green & one red. It has all the Cantonese TVB, Pearl etc programming. It is the latest version as installed by the dealer. Like I said, the unit after is was updated at the dealer ran perfectly but when I hooked it up when I got home vod wasn't working. Only live tv. Its the same for BET2.

I've tried unplugging/plugging my modem & router repeatedly but no luck. Moving to Toronto isn't an option :/ Any thoughts?
    You need to go to Setting, Network, where Ethermet, select Auto , Acquire. That way you connected to your own network where you located.

Reason work at vendor location, it has been setup to use there network, now you change location, need to setup for new location.
  • edited January 2017

Yes as I mentioned live stream works but not VOD. When I test the network, everything checks out except server which I get the message "network error, reset network" & the error code: 1

So I called up the dealer & asked why it works at the store but not at my home? It was suggested that I call my ISP to get my correct ip address & to enter that in. So in manual, I entered all the correct fields except that I now substituted my ip address in place. But that didn't work either. Could this be a DNS issue?? I"m at a loss as what to do.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    No, don't do what the dealer tell you to do. Since you are running behind a router anyway.

What's the version of the app you are using ?

Have you tried using another DNS server ?
  • I decided to power down both the modem & router & then plugged the unit directly into the modem just to see if any effect. Tested the network & still got abnormal network message error code 1.
  • @stan Try using another DNS server in this post

http://tvpadnews.com/2017/01/15/upgrade-method-for-tvpad-4-to-5-060/
    So are you suggesting that I use the list of best DNS Hong Kong & substitute them in one at a time >Settings>Network>Ethernet>Manual>DNS ??
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    You can give that a try. Seems like it's a DNS issue
  • Fixed! Thank you so much.