TVPAD4 not working // NOW WORKING 2/4/2017

edited February 2017 in TVPad / BlueTV
tvpad4 has not been working, was version 5.054 but i upgraded to 5.060, everything was gone, installed the 23 app apk, apps install still nothing, nothing in store nothing is able to get a stream, store does not work, last night i was messing around with best HK dns and got it to pass connection at server with nothing able to stream or work but this morning we tried again testing the connection and it's back to error -1 cannot connect to server, it reaches DNS pass and the next step is fail.

I've been reading on other forums that tvpad service is basically been dead since last year but up until now it was still working? Yue tv is not working, nothing. Can't even browse the store. when we select yue tv the stream is black and says 1-3kbps and then goes back to yuetv menu

we are located on east coast NJ USA

Is it possible since the services are no longer available my mom can get a refund from where she bought it?

I bet it's because since chinese new year there is no one working or doing anything in china so nothing is going to be fixed until everyone is done celebrating. Like that time a woman died in the elevator because as she was using it the workers dropped everything and left to celebrate for a week the whole building was turned off and she died stuck in the elevator.
Post edited by sarsinajar on

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @sarsinajar It's working. Read the other threads about it.

No need to make assumptions.
  • @sarsinajar It's working. Read the other threads about it.

No need to make assumptions.
    from what my mom tells me it stopped working 4-5 days ago. it cannot stream anything. i read something about a VPN but we do not want to spend more money on another router and another service just for this one thing.

Would updating to 5.066 from 5.060 work or should it be avoided? can i downgrade the device back to 5.054? is there a was to factory reset or something?

How can i tell if we are restricted or blacklisted?
    Thanked by 1marshi59
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    If you are in USA then 5.06 would not work for you whatsoever.

You need to update to 5.066

Then yuetv live tv should work for you.
  • In USA, running version 5.054 which worked both 港粵網路電視 and YueTV last week. Today, able to view live channels but nothing else such as dramas, movies or chase back shows. Just curious if others are having similar problems . Should I upgrade to 5.066 to view all contents? Please advise...
  • edited January 2017
    ok so 5.066 is good to use in the US along with YueTV 2.1? (i tried to install YueTV 2.3 but it failed so we have 2.1 installed for now until i can find an apk that works)

the last post you made in the stickied post said not to as of the 28th if in the US
    Full instructions here

Edit: Jan,28/2017 - If you are in US don't upgrade at the moment

http://tvpadnews.com/2017/01/15/upgrade-method-for-tvpad-4-to-5-060/
    had to use BEST HK DNS and 158.132.187.187 is working for us, it gets through DNS in network test but still error 1 on server. I went back to update setting and the OTA update appeared, right now i am scared to update it because of your previous post so i have it just at the update screen for now :(

Post edited by sarsinajar on
    Thanked by 1fustrated
  • well, updated to 5.066 and now it's restricted, person icon on top right has an x and going into any channels says user restricted contact vendor. I assume this thing is now bricked.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    well, updated to 5.066 and now it's restricted, person icon on top right has an x and going into any channels says user restricted contact vendor. I assume this thing is now bricked.
    Just use manual DNS network setting and unplug and power back on, at least the live stream channels working.
    Probably, they're trying to force us to buy their new product. New year's new revolution :)
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • edited February 2017
    I would like to personally thank Padman, BenXiong, Cheuk5, Tomato123, 535four and especially this wonderful helpful community for the fix, we finally got it all working. My solution is in page 3 of the stickied post for 5.054 downgrade step by step

https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/downgrading-tvpad-4-to-5-054
  • Do not upgrade, tvpad 4 or u will become redtricted. Should use the HK DNS, manually installed.
    Yuetv version is now 4.0 n 4.2. So, install version 4.0 plus Banana batch file into tvpad4. Yuetv will work n auto upgrade to versio 4.2.
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • edited February 2017
    Do not upgrade, tvpad 4 or u will become redtricted. Should use the HK DNS, manually installed.
    Yuetv version is now 4.0 n 4.2. So, install version 4.0 plus Banana batch file into tvpad4. Yuetv will work n auto upgrade to versio 4.2.
    yeah, i had upgraded it before and got the dreaded red x on profile icon. back from florida and downgraded the firmware to 5.054 and installed and OTA updated YueTV, mom's has been glued to the TV for past6 hours now lol
  • I'm in the UK downgraded my tvpad4 to 5.054, network test show error code 1. No picture adverts on the right. When I tried to update it says abnormal network. What am I doing wrong? :'(
  • So.. i heard TVPAD has completely wiped it's service? has it gone belly up?
This discussion has been closed.