Upgrading to 5.06 FW to perform OTA to 5.066

124»

Comments

• Hi there, I'm in the US, so if I am on 5.054, should I upgrade? Or still wait?
  • Don't upgrade use manual DNS 158..…
  • As per this thread, auto DNS should now works for most U.S. TVPad4 users, using firmware 5.054:
    https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/comment/10089/#Comment_10089
  • pappypappy Member
    edited February 2017
    I tried auto Ethernet only betv plus and yue tv connected . Manual Ethernet dns 158... all apps work like 港粵and 寶島
  • I tried auto Ethernet only betv plus and yue tv connected . Manual Ethernet dns 158... all apps work like 港粵and 寶島
    @Pappy: Thanks for clarification.
    Yes. That was what I observed. My comment above should have been more specfic.
    In my case, my family uses YueTV 99% of the time, so either auto DNS or manual DNS does not really matter in this regard.
  • I'm in the UK and my parents TVPad 4 (V5.054) suddenly reset itself to factory defaults so I upgraded it to V5.060 whilst I'm there using the link in the first post but when I check for updates to get to V5.066, I get network abnormal error and when I test the network, I get 3 ticks but error -1 on server as well as the TVPad store is empty.
  • I'm in the UK and my parents TVPad 4 (V5.054) suddenly reset itself to factory defaults so I upgraded it to V5.060 whilst I'm there using the link in the first post but when I check for updates to get to V5.066, I get network abnormal error and when I test the network, I get 3 ticks but error -1 on server as well as the TVPad store is empty.
    Yeah, trying to upgrade to v5.066 FW by inputting most of the Best DNS Hong Kong or Canada manual DNS via VPN router still unable to resolve this error -1. The good news is able to view 港粵 v2.054 with v5.060 FW at this moment. Just hoping a better response when switching VOD channels with the newer firmware. Looks like their sever is not allow us to connect at this point?
  • edited June 2017
    Just an update, I have successfully updated from 5.060 to 5.066 using the video below and now I don't have any network errors with 4 ticks, 3 panels on the left side is displaying advertisements, TVPad store is working and the time is correct.

Post edited by padman on
  • pappypappy Member
    edited June 2017
    Casterina , good for you. For viewers in US, FW5.066 will not work in the USA. Good for 5-10 minutes and will kick you out.
  • please help I update from 5.054 --> 5.060 -> 5.066 and install 港粵網路電視V2.054 and BETV Plus V4.0. After 10min on BETV all my app on the home screen lock down. The Person on the top right has an X on him. When I try to open any app it says "Restricted....please contact your seller" I don't know how to contact my seller as I bought the TVpad from their CN website. I using DNS 187.

I tried factory restore but after 10min again same thing lock down.
    Please help I am located in Canada. Thanks
  • please help I update from 5.054 --> 5.060 -> 5.066 and install 港粵網路電視V2.054 and BETV Plus V4.0. After 10min on BETV all my app on the home screen lock down. The Person on the top right has an X on him. When I try to open any app it says "Restricted....please contact your seller" I don't know how to contact my seller as I bought the TVpad from their CN website. I using DNS 187.

I tried factory restore but after 10min again same thing lock down.
    Please help I am located in Canada. Thanks
    Try 158.132.187.187 DNS or Auto network settings.

Thanked by 166xx66xx66
  • Yes, I am using 158.132.187.187. In Auto Network I getting error -2 when opening channel or VOD.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Yes, I am using 158.132.187.187. In Auto Network I getting error -2 when opening channel or VOD.
    Please check it here ,it will tell you how to fix the problem.
    https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1101/tvpad4-user-restricted-fix-based-on-5-066-for-test/p1
    But you can use the mouse to run all apps ( your remote control was restricted)
    Thanked by 166xx66xx66
  • THANK YOU Cheuk5 my TVPAD is alive again. Changing to Android home screen fixed the restriction issue. Didn't need the mouse after setup, remote can do the job after putting all the shortcut to home screen. Thanks all for the great support :)
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    THANK YOU Cheuk5 my TVPAD is alive again. Changing to Android home screen fixed the restriction issue. Didn't need the mouse after setup, remote can do the job after putting all the shortcut to home screen. Thanks all for the great support :)
    By the way I am give you one extra tip to try this 当贝桌面 apps .It will give you a good interface.....
  • thanks cheuk5 nice UI app.