TV PAD 4, setting, VPN, DNS

Hello, I'v been posting here on and off with issues on my parent's TV Pad 4 and i've gotten some really really good feedback and help on my issue. One thing I am still confused and want to address in a single thread so here goes. Here is my current set up:

My parents lives in NYC(queens) and using TV Pad 4 and using Verizon Fios as their internet provider.

During the outage where TV Pad disabled legacy TV Pads and blocked new TV PAD 4 from working due to court case, it was discovered that using a VPN will solve this issue. I follow the advise in the VPN thread and got my parent's TVPad to work.
To watch HK TVB contents, i would use a VPN to watch and for CHINA contents and apps, i would disconnect the VPN and use standard IP to watch the contents.

Where I am confused is that (from my last few postings on different thread), it appears that a VPN is no longer needed for the TV PAD to work and im curious about this. I am unable to use any TVB on demand apps, my TV PAD home screen time is off and the right side of the home screen wont display the icon WHEN i disconnect my VPN. Am i doing something wrong? I thought if your clock is off, then you are not connected to the server? I dont even get those ads or icon right below the clock if my VPN is disconnected. I also run network test and fail on DNS and server.

Can someone please share and shed some light. What DNS are you using? Auto or manual, and if manual, what is the set of numbers i should use?

How do i get those icon and clock on my TV Pad 4 home screen without the VPN?
how do you guys get the TVB apps to work without VPN? my mother is using the TVB app that looks flower (blue icon with green, red and blue) primarily for TVB live and on demand. see top left on this link:
https://www.google.com/search?q=tvpad4+apps&biw=1057&bih=722&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjB7vS_y4DRAhWJJ8AKHQpqBWEQ_AUIngEoAQ#imgrc=04-vJm55qTm66M:

lately the on demand for this app no longer works only works on live stream.
What app is everyone using for TVB on demand and live streams? can you please share?

I am terribly sorry for the long post and with CNY coming up, i want to get ahead of this for my parents whose sole entertainment is the TV PAD.

Thank you so much for your help!

Comments

• EinEin Just Watchin`
    Make sure you have the latest version of the apps. There are links to them somewhere here in the forum. I can't find them at the moment.

港粵網路電視V2.052.apk
    BETV PlusV3.8.apk

Those are the only two apps on the TVpad4. I have no access to the App Store or the ads on the splash screen. But those two apps worked with or without VPN. I'm using auto for VPN and without.
  • dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    Ein, thank you for your time. I was able to uninstall and reinstall
    港粵網路電視V2.052.apk from Cheuk5 and it works without VPN (live and on demand).

What is the working version of YueTV now?
    Lastly, what are you using for China and korean dramas? My mother is interested in those as well!

Under what circumstance would you use VPN? just curious.

Thanks again and happy holidyas
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Ein, thank you for your time. I was able to uninstall and reinstall
    港粵網路電視V2.052.apk from Cheuk5 and it works without VPN (live and on demand).

What is the working version of YueTV now?
    Lastly, what are you using for China and korean dramas? My mother is interested in those as well!

Thanks again and happy holidyas
    You can using Betv plus v.3.8 for China and korean dramas
    Thanks Cheuk! what other apps can I use aside from the 2 mention to enhance her user experience? or are most apps the same?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Thanks Cheuk! what other apps can I use aside from the 2 mention to enhance her user experience? or are most apps the same?
    Use this apps are more than you can handle
    36TV v1.13
    BETV Plus V3.8
    寶島電視 v2.132
    港粵網路電視 V2.052
    YueTV v0.42 :3 B)
  • EinEin Just Watchin`

No reason to use VPN unless they block IP addresses from USA again.
    Thank you Ein and Cheuk. I was able to get Yue .042 to work!! so happy.

where can i find the below as it is not in the apps section download:

36TV v1.13
    寶島電視 v2.132

Thank you so much!!